For continental US, orders are shipped via UPS or US Mail. The flat rate shipping price is based on our average cost and depend on weight, product dimensions, and destination. Most orders over $50 will ship free. You are responsible to select the free shipping option in the checkout page if this free shipping applies to your order. Many commercial items and oversized/overweight items will have an additional shipping fee; including but not limited to: commercial reverse osmosis systems, commercial water softeners, commercial backwashing filters, Harmsco housings, large tanks, resin tanks, brine tanks, lower distributors, water coolers, media, commercial ultraviolet systems, deionization systems, EDI systems, Grundfos pumps, Goulds pumps, CIP skids, repressurization systems, atmospheric tanks, etc.
Soft Water Supply observes the following times for order processing:
- Next Day, 2nd Day, and 3 Day shipping orders should be placed by telephone by 12pm (MT) for processing the same day. Please call us at (208) 524-2998 for all expedited options. Expedited orders placed after 12pm (MT) may be subject to additional handling charges.
- Ground and Economy shipping orders should be placed by 12pm (MT) for processing the same day. Over 99% of our orders ship the same or next day.
Return and Exchange Policy
Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. It is difficult to treat all returns the same due to the varying return reasons, sizes and nature of the products, but we want to be fair to our customers.
Any items received that you believe are incorrect, must be brought to the attention of the customer service department within 14 days of delivery in order for the incorrect parts to be replaced. This applies to either items ordered incorrectly by the customer or shipped incorrectly by Soft Water Supply. Any requests made after 14 days cannot be honored. If we find that we have made a mistake on your order due to our own negligence, we will make it right with you!
We have thousands of products, both residential and commercial in a wide range of sizes. Some weigh a few ounces and are shipped in an envelope or small box, while others are shipped on multiple skids by a freight company.
Our products are broken down into three areas:
Orders Under 60 Pounds – This applies to filters, drinking water systems, reverse osmosis systems, fittings, small parts and all items that are shipped USPS or UPS. Our policy is as follows:
- We wants to make returns as painless and hassle-free as possible;
- You can return a product for any reason within 30 days as long as the product is in its original packaging and in its original new and unused condition with all of its original parts and paperwork intact;
- There will be no restocking fee if you return the product as indicated above. Our cost of shipping may be deducted from the total refund;
- Return shipping is the customers’ responsibility. If it is an expensive product, we would recommend an appropriate amount of insurance be purchased to cover any freight damages during the return. We recommend items be returned via UPS or insured parcel post for proof of delivery. Please be certain that items are secure in their packaging so damage does not occur while they are in transit back to our warehouse; and
- We cannot take back filters whose plastic wrapping has been broken or if they are used;
- We cannot take back Special Order items; and
- Due to Federal Regulations, it is impossible to return some chemicals, such as chlorine, potassium permanganate, resin cleaners and hydrogen peroxide;
Orders Over 60 Pounds or Shipped by Freight – This applies to water softeners, conditioners, backwashing filters, large reverse osmosis systems, problem water systems, large parts and all items that are shipped by Freight or Common Carrier. Our policy is as follows:
- Soft Water Supply wants to make returns as painless and hassle-free as possible;
- You can return a product for any reason within 30 days as long as the product is in its original box and in its original new and unused condition with all of its original parts and paperwork intact;
- There will be a shipping fee that will be deducted which will be the actual cost paid by Soft Water Supply to ship the product, even if the product qualified for Free Shipping;
- Return shipping is the customers’ responsibility. If it is an expensive product, we would recommend an appropriate amount of insurance be purchased to cover any freight damages during the return. Please be certain that items are secure in their packaging so damage does not occur while they are in transit back to our warehouse; and
- We cannot take back filters whose plastic wrapping has been broken or if they are used;
- We cannot take back Special Order Items; and
- Due to Federal Regulations, it is impossible to return some chemicals, such as chlorine, potassium permanganate, resin cleaner and hydrogen peroxide.
Commercial Orders – Due to the nature of commercial/industrial equipment and special order items, and the fact that most of these systems are custom-made to order, there can be no returns.
- To cancel an order that has not yet shipped please call or email the customer service department to request a cancellation immediately. Once an item or an order has been shipped it cannot be cancelled, and you will have to process a general return.
- For any replacement items that are shipped out requiring return of original items, the original items are required to be returned within 14 days of receipt of the replacement items. Failure to return original items within the 14 days constitutes acceptance of both the original items and replacement items and you will be invoiced accordingly.
Defective merchandise will be refunded once approved from the manufacturer. We are not responsible for any labor costs which occur as the result of the installation of wrong or defective parts, but will work hard to resolve the manner promptly. Customer Satisfaction is our number one goal, so any problems that arise we strives to satisfy the customer and resolve the situation quickly.
Soft Water Supply LLC is only responsible for replacement or refund of a defective item and is not responsible for any consequential or subsequent damages or claims arising from any defective product, under any circumstances.
UPS or Fed Ex Damaged or Missing Merchandise
Please be sure to inspect the package(s) thoroughly. Even if the box(es) looks damaged, the product may be absolutely fine, but don’t assume that. Open the box(es) and check it thoroughly. If it is indeed damaged, please refuse the shipping and either call us to start the replacement process or fill out the return form stating the item was damaged and a new one needs to be sent. We will arrange to have the damaged box(es) picked up and have a replacement shipped as quickly as possible. Soft Water Supply will not be responsible for returns that do not follow this procedure.
All damaged or missing merchandise not requiring a signature that ships via UPS or Fed Ex that does not come on a skid or via Semi-Truck (Freight) must be claimed by end of business on the day that the item is delivered. If claimed same day you must send a picture of the original packaging and all the parts to email@example.com. A claim will be filed with the manufacturer and the situation will be resolved as quickly as possible. If the item is claimed after the day it was delivered claims will be much more difficult to process with no guarantee of replacement. Our primary goal is to ensure customer satisfaction which is why claims need to be made upon day of delivery. If you sign for the package, a claim needs to be made at the time of signing for the package. Please note on the drivers receipt any missing or damaged merchandise.
Freight & Pallet Shipments Damaged or Missing Merchandise
All damaged or missing merchandise that ships via Semi-Truck (Freight) or that is signed for at delivery must be noted on the drivers receipt upon delivery. Please mark what is missing or damaged on the drivers receipt before the driver pulls away. After marking the drivers receipt with what is missing or damaged take the package inside and take a picture of the original packaging, all the parts in the packaging and any visible damage and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. It our primary goal to ensure customer satisfaction that is why any missing or damaged merchandise needs to be written on the Driver Receipt before the driver leaves. If the Drivers Receipt is not signed with the missing or damaged merchandise the claims will be much more difficult to process with no guarantee of replacement.
You can also cancel items that have not been shipped yet, unless it is a special order or custom item. To cancel an order that has not yet shipped, please call our customer service department immediately. Once an item or an order has been shipped it cannot be canceled, and you will have to process a general return, which is not possible with special order or custom built products.
We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we have received and processed the returned item. Please note: we will refund shipping costs only if the return is a result of our error.
We will do our best to process the return quickly. Please allow up to 14 days for processing. Refunds will be credited to the original purchasing credit card account number only. If you paid by check please allow an additional 14-21 days for delivery of check via USPS. To begin processing a return, please call our customer service department.
The above Return Policy also applies to exchanges. We will apply the payment for your first order, minus original shipping and handling costs, to your second order as long as the second order is of equal or greater value. Note: The original order item(s) must be returned to us first.
Refused Shipments or Incorrect Address Policy
If you refuse delivery or provide an un-deliverable address as your ship to address and your order is returned to us, you will be credited for the purchase price less a restock fee of 10% and original cost of shipping (even if order was processed with Free Shipping ). You may pay to reship your order after providing updates to your ship to address. Note: No refund will be available if the order was a special or custom order.
Special Order Items Policy
Special order items are not returnable for any reason other than freight damage or defective product.
Under no circumstances will Soft Water Supply be financially responsible to cover the cost of damage resulting from the improper application of equipment, installation, improper handling, neglect, not replacing filters according to recommended maintenance schedules, improper set up, failure to insure there are no leaks, or any other cause of water damage, including product malfunction or defect. There are no exceptions. We will however, try to work with you to resolve the problem as quickly and painlessly as possible.
All warranties provided are included on the product pages of our website for specific products.
Thank you for your purchase at SoftWaterSupply.com! We look forward to providing you with great water for many years to come!